Scars can result from some kind of trauma like an accident, surgery or even disease. Depending on the area affected, a scar can develops in the first 48 hours after the wound has closed and can take up to 3 to 12 months to fade away. Various factors can alter the wound-healing process, which causes an “overhealing” or continuation of the scarring process, this can create an abnormal scar. These can grow bigger, cause discomfort, they can become itchy or painful and sometimes fail to fade.
Abnormal scars can be stressful for some due to their appearance. Some people may learn to accept their scars, but for many they can’t forget them which leaves people wanting to reduce the visibility of the scar in order to boost their self-esteem.
Advanced scar therapy gel Strataderm is in a form of a silicone gel that is applied onto the wound to form a self drying, flexible, transparent and gas-permeable silicone gel sheet that sticks to the skin. This ensures a constant contact time to the entire surface of the scar allowing it to work 24 hours a day.
Strataderm can effectively be used on both old and new scars and is ideal for any irregular skin/scar surfaces, the face, moving parts such as joints, and any size of scar.
Strataderm has an advanced formulation and was developed having a superior durability, skin feel, and drying time using the newest silicone technology.
Strataderm is suitable for children and those with sensitive skin because it has a non-sticky, odourless formulation. It does not lead to secondary side-effects such as maceration, rashes, pruritus and infection.
Positive Effects of Strataderm
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Relieves itching and discomfort associated with scars
- Reduces redness and discolouration
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation
- Ensure that the scar is clean and dry
- Apply a very thin layer and allow to dry (3-4 minutes)
- Strataderm should be applied once daily, and maintained in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours/day)
- Once dry, Strataderm can be covered with sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts.
Strataderm is recommended as a minimum treatment for 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer. Continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen.