Dermal Needling or microneedling has been a big hit as a cosmetic procedure. It is for the purpose of diminishing skin wrinkles and lines. The procedure uses numerous needles to penetrate the skin vertically. The piercing stimulates a natural healing response in the skin. It results in softer and tighter skin that makes one look and feel young, without experiencing any downtime effects like that in the laser procedures. Dermal Needling also lessens scars, improves stretch marks, fills old surgery scars and increases the reproduction of natural collagen.
Dermal Needling is somewhat similar to other cosmetic procedures for skin rejuvenation that undergo a process of injection such as laser resurfacing, Fraxel, chemical peels, and IPL.
Dermal Needling is more effective and safer to use compared to skin micro needling rollers.
Dermal Needling is unique because it is based on vertical micro needling technology and can effectively bring in active ingredients on the skin and in the deeper layers.
Dermal Needling makes use of a device which is considered a holistic process for skin therapy.
There are 4 phases that are essential to stimulate the growth of new tissue.
- The inflammatory response that occurs a few days after Dermal Needling promotes the fibroblasts proliferation and response of chemotaxis. Platelets from the body also initiate the wound matrix, at this stage it helps to remove bacteria and debris and stimulates the next phase of proliferation.
- Proliferation of monocytes, fibroblasts, and keratinocytes continues for 4 to 6 days. New collagen will be then deposited for the formation of new tissue.
- From day 7-22, which is the phase of fibrotic response, growth factors are created and released, while collagen is released by fibroblasts.
- Phase 4 is the Maturation stage, from day 28 to 2 years. It is where new skin grows. During this time, collagen stiffens and matures and the new tissue has 80% of the tensile strength.
The advantages and accessories of Dermal Needling
Automatic vibrating function has been introduced to boost the product absorption of some brands of Dermal Needling. This function can successfully enhance the success rate of the treatment as well as eliminate discomfort and pain for patients.
Speed and depth of the needle are some selectable parameters offered to physicians which give them a choice depending on the patient’s condition. Doctors can opt for the right parameters in piercing the skin vertically which help in the success rate of the procedure because the product absorption is increased. This also helps in reducing the patient’s pain and downtime.
Minor Complications and Risks:
Dermal Needling has zero or minor side effects which are only temporary. Here are the minor side effects that some may experience:
- pinkish or red skin
- stinging and even tightness of the treated area
- minor bleeding (which is normal)