For those who have unwanted stubborn fats that won’t go away no matter how much they work out or diet, but don’t want to go under the knife, technology is now offering several non-invasive body contouring procedures to help them achieve their desired body shape.
Here are several non surgical body contouring procedures:
- Radio Frequency – is a non-surgical treatment that uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to decrease the appearance of the fat and cellulite.
- Laser body contouring – uses low levels of laser energy, combined with lymphatic massage, in improving the look of the cellulite.
- Injection lipolysis – is often performed with injections of sodium deoxycholate (DC) and phosphatidy-choline (PPC), plus other agents. A series of micro-injections are directed to the targeted fat to shatter down the walls of the fat cells or the lipocytes and are broken down into free fatty acids that go directly to the liver where they are transformed into glucose and burned off during exercise.
- Cryolipolysis – this is commonly known as ‘CoolSculpting.’ This procedure kills fat cells using an almost freezing temperatures without harming the skin or traumatising the tissues around the targeted fat cells.
- Endermologie – this uses a powerful massage to loosen the solid, connective tissue for a better flow and lymphanic drainage to the targeted area.
- Ultrasonic body contouring – uses ultrasound frequencies to tear down the unwanted fat on the hips, abdomen, thighs and love handles – leaving the tissue, blood vessels and nerves that surround the targeted area unaffected.
- Ultrasound and Massage (Med Contour) – is a procedure that eliminates the appearance of the cellulite while increasing the lymphanic drainage and blood circulation using a combination of ultrasound and massage therapy.
- Bodytite – uses radio frequency to diminish fat cells while it brings back the tautness of the skin. This is best for those with massive loose skin that needs tightening. It is also a kind of procedure where the surgeon can simultaneously perform the fat removal and skin tightening without compromising the other.
- Medicage SONOSHAPE TM (SS) – is a kind of non surgical liposuction technology that uses a combination of Lymphanic Drainage, Ultrasound, Radio Frequency, Cryotherapy and Myostimulation. This is a technology that is described as a “magician” which has been created by Dr. Fassis who has been selected by the Australian Women’s Weekly as the “Australian Cellulite Expert.”
Though body contouring with surgery is still considered the gold standard for fat reduction especially liposuction surgery, still, these non surgical body contouring procedures are highly sought after due to the fact that it has low to zero risk, no downtime and no recovery period required. Though non surgical body contouring procedures are helpful in reducing the fat, however, the effect cannot be compared with the positive results of the surgical body contouring procedures.